Did you know “Cacciatore” means “Hunter” in Italian?…In cuisine, “alla cacciatora” refers to a meal prepared “hunter-style” with onions, herbs, tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine…
In my family, Chicken Cacciatore is a favorite dish, so I wanted to craft a delicious, healthy recipe and use my new toy, The Instant Pot, to enhance the flavors! …This is a perfect hearty, winter-dish to keep you full, satisfied and to feed that hunter within, to take on 2019 full-force! 🙂
(And Yes- It’s: #GlutenFree #DairyFree #SoyFree #DELISH)
Note: The below recipe can be modified using a regular pot… “The Instant Pot” is a just a great way to get a lot of flavor in a short amount of time (You can check my recent review on cooking with the Instant Pot: HERE).
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pack (5-7 chicken breasts)
- 1 diced bell pepper (I prefer red, as it’s sweeter)
- 1 cup kale or spinach (great way to sneak in the greens)!
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried basil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can sugar-free / low-sugar diced tomatoes
OPTIONAL/RECOMMENDED FOR SERVING:
- Gluten-Free Pasta OR if wanting to make this dish carb-free, opt for sautéed or roasted veggies (as shown above- Add veggies to baking tray, with coconut oil/olive oil and sprinkle with herbs/salt to flavor- Bake until golden brown)…. Extra greens will add more heartiness to the dish!
- Fresh parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and/or basil for toppings
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and melt the oil and garlic. Add the chicken and sauté until the outside is browned. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Sauté pepper, basil, onion, parsley, salt, black pepper, mushrooms, greens and tomatoes together in the Instant Pot. Pour 1/2 cup of filtered water, then return the chicken to the pot on top of the other ingredients.
- Close the lid, set the pressure release to Sealing, and hit Cancel to stop the current program. Select Manual/Pressure Cook, set the Instant Pot to 18 minutes on high pressure and let it cook.
- Immediately upon cooking, carefully switch the pressure release to Venting. Open the Instant Pot, serve (over pasta with toppings) and ENJOY!
Like this recipe? …Want others like this? I LOVE hearing from you!
Email: Info@TheBalancedBeauty.com and let me know what foods YOU love to eat and want to make healthy. I love finding and crafting recipes to help you find the joy in cooking, eating healthy and staying on-track with your health and wellness goals.
Are you a great cook? …Have a great recipe? Feel free to also share and send photos with me, and I would be happy to FEATURE YOU!
+ Don’t forget to Follow: @1BalancedBeauty on insta/twitter for daily inspiration!