2014 Miss USA Competition
June 8, Live from Baton Rouge, 8/7c NBC
The judges give a score each round and the 15 ladies with the highest tally of scores becomes a semi-finalist, which is announced during the live, televised portion of the pageant.
The celebrity panel of judges will then view the 15 semi-finalists in swimsuit and scores will cut the women down to 10 finalists. These finalists then move on for the final evening gown competition. The score will cut the group down once again to 5 lucky finalists.
Before the creation of “The Balanced Beauty” and “Jacklyn Beauty,” there were two young girly-girls from New Jersey who loved everything and anything beauty, fashion, health and Miss USA! Jacklyn, a former Miss NJ Teen and Aly, a 2nd Runner Up Miss NJ, became great friends through their Miss USA pageant experiences and shared gluten allergy!
1. Drink Lemon Water Upon Rising- Lemon is a great all-natural metabolism booster that will help you detox and glow all day!
2. Drink Dandelion Root Tea before going to bed the week leading up to a big event. This is an herb to help detox, rid bloat and puffiness and will have you looking fabulous for your time to shine!
3. To get lean…think green! Greens are oxygen to the blood and natural “fat burners!” Your plates should be loaded with greens to get vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and fiber in your diet.
4. Don’t be a princess…. Push a sled! When you’re not posing, taking a fab selfie or getting your makeup done, you need to be working up a sweat in the gym…And that does not mean reading a mag as you sway to and fro on the elypitcial. It means picking up some weights and gaining some muscle! Push yourself with challenging, energetic moves to get your heart rate up and allow for proper periods of rest. The more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate will be. Translation: Build muscle to get lean!
6. Take care of your skin! Always wash your face before you go to bed and invest in good skin care products. How you take care of your skin now will effect you years to come. Also, the better the shape your skin is in, the less make-up you will need to use and the smoother the canvas to apply your make-up.
7. Stay away from anything shimmery where you have imperfections. Example: sagging eyelids, acne breakouts or scars- It will draw attention to the imperfections.
8. Your brows are the second most import feature on your face (skin being number one). Always make sure brows are groomed and shaped for an overall clean and polished look. If you have thin or sparse lashes, try lash brow tinting (with vegetable die). It will instantly make your brows look fuller and will last for a few weeks.
9. Always curl your lashes; get as close to your lash line as possible! Use a blow-dryer for 5-10 seconds to heat up your eyelash curler for an extra kick for you curl! Curling your lashes will make your lashes appear longer and your eyes more open.
10. Use a waterproof gel liner or liquid liner. There is nothing worse then smudging eyeliner all over your eye. Although many pencils claim to be smudge proof and last all day, none can compare to the power of a gel or liquid liner. Our favorite gel eyeliner is MAC Fluidline and our favorite liquid liner is Maybelline master precise liquid eyeliner.
The very first
Miss USA contestants photographed here in 1952!
Miss USA; a beautiful part of our history…and every girls SUPER BOWL!!!!!
Check out the official Miss USA website to get to know the contestants and select your favorites to cheer for pageant weekend!!!
…As proud Jersey girls, you know who we will be rooting for!
For inquiries or interest in working with Coach Aly & Jacklyn, Email: Info@TheBalancedBeauty.com