Today’s Summer Slim-Down Recipe is a simple one, loaded with health benefits!
Lettuce wraps are a great way to stay low-carb and get tons of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals (BEAUTY FOOD) into your diet. Ingredients in this recipe help boost immunity, your metabolism and will have you shining from the inside out.
I LOVE this recipe inspiration from fellow Health Coach, Katie Bressack, because the mouth-watering combination of flavors makes you forget what you are eating is healthy!!!
*Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free*
Veggie Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- One 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained and finely diced
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, blanched and thinly sliced
- 9 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 heads butter lettuce (or bibb lettuce) leaves separated
- 1 large green onion, green part only, finely chopped
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 small oranges segmented
1. Heat a pan over high heat and add the coconut oil**. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant, less than 1 minute.
2. Add the carrots and stir-fry until tender, 2 minutes.
3. Toss in the bamboo shoots, asparagus and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more.
4. Season with the tamari soy sauce and stir well
5. Arrange the butter lettuce leaves on a plate and divide the mixture among the leaves.
6. Garnish each cup with a sprinkle of chopped chiles, green onion, cilantro, blood red oranges and serve.
Use your favorite veggie combinations to make your own version…Add in protein to stay fuller-for loner!
**Balanced Beauty Tip: Coconut oil is extremely versatile! Amazing for hair, skin, nails and to provide you with a surge of immediate energy, as it is easily broken down in your body. It has a sweet taste and is a great alternative to olive oil. When shopping, look for one that has no hydrogenated oils, is raw, and all-natural (Artisana is my go-to brand)!
Check out @KatieBressack for more healthy inso!
Keep following the Blog and @1BalancedBeauty for healthy, delicious SUMMER SLIM-DOWN RECIPES. Featuring the hottest tips from leading Health Coaches, Beauty Experts and industry professionals to help YOU feel your most fabulous!!!
* The Summer Slim-Down Series was designed by The Balanced Beauty to give you alternative recipes to the foods you love and crave! Swapping ingredients, sticking to portion sizes and preparing meal/snack options in advance will help you slim down for the warm-weather months… You will be bikini-ready, without feeling deprived!