I am going to be honest- I am not too excited about this year’s Super Bowl… Pats vs Eagles? As a Giant fan, I will be focused on the food, commercials, puppy bowl, and half time show… If you share in these sentiments, you might have the extra time to BAKE!
Today, I am sharing a FLOURLESS- GLUTEN-FREE COOKIE RECIPE that’s delish but also SUPER festive for the #SundayFundayFestivities.
These cookies are a sweet treat that won’t totally derail your health goals if trying to make healthier choices.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sea Salt to sprinkle
- 1 Tub Chocolate Frosting (Gluten-Free/ No High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- White frosting pen or gel
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease cookie sheets.
- Beat together peanut butter, vanilla extract & sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball — Use cookie cutter to make football shape- Or shape in hands–and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with touch of sea salt for taste
- Bake until puffed and a golden pale, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet — When cool– Add CHOCOLATE FROSTING on top. You can make your own or look for gluten-free versions in your local market.
- Frost cookies- and add white frosting/gel to make laces – Put in the fridge to harden frosting… When serving, sit out for 5-10 minutes.