You make it to the gym (kudos to you) but you are tired…You came from work, a full day with the kids or the typical grind and you are ready to lift some weights or get to business on the treadmill but you feel sluggish. You are exhausted before you even begin…..WHY?
1. Remove all “junk” food items!
Toxic to your body, mood, energy levels, and sex drive. They will lift you up and then have you crash and burn later. Remove: Cake, Cookies, Candy, Chips, Soda, Fast food, etc.
2. If it come from a package, TOSS IT!
Food additives, fillers, chemicals, ingredients you cant pronounce or that have a shelf life of 1 year?! Remove it from your diet NOW! Ask yourself, does this come from the earth? If yes, you are making a healthy choice (think fish, meat, fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds, etc.)
3. Hydrate-Drink more WATER!
SO MANY BENEFITS!..Water carries oxygen to the cells of your body helping you flush fat, suppress your appetite, increase muscle strength, energy, stay fuller longer, clear up your skin and detox! Sodas, certain juices and soft drinks are loaded with EMPTY calories and have no nutritional value. If you make no other changes but this one, I guarantee you would still lose weight, notice a change in your skin and feel less bloated!
4. PROTEIN at every meal!
Protein helps you lose weight, build muscle and stay fuller longer! You should be eating three meals/day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with two-three healthy snacks in between. This will help your body run properly; fueling you with energy all day, every day!
5. Load up on FRUITS & VEGGIES!
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away…”A statement truer than you may think! Fruits and veggies will help keep your system regular! They are full of fiber to flush out fat, provide you with natural energy, curve your sweet tooth, low in calories, easily digestible, loaded with vitamins/minerals, and can be used for countless all-natural/homeopathic cures and remedies (everything from the common cold to clearing up your skin and reducing wrinkles). Fruits and Veggies should make up the majority of your daily diet.
These are my reccomendations to help provide YOU with more energy, a trimmer waistline, and more FUEL for YOUR workouts!
SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
- Eggs– Least expensive source, versatile (hard-boiled, scrambled, omelet with veggies)
- White-Meat Poultry– Remove skin before cooking, high protein/low fat
- Almond Milk- Substitute for skim milk, which can cause inflammation or upset stomach
- Lean Beef- Excellent source of zinc, feel-good vitamin B and iron
- Beans– One-half cup of beans contains just as much protein as one ounce of broiled steak! Loaded with Fiber to keep you feel full and satisfied
- Chia Seeds- Aids weight loss, hydration, fuller for longer, lasting energy, complete protein, perfect all-natural, “runners food” when training for a race or marathon!
- Quinoa- Loaded with vitamins, anti-inflammatory, substitute for gluten or wheat allergy
- Lentils- Great light alternative option to sprinkle on salad or eat in soup
- Seafood-High protein/Low in fat. Seafood with fat, is the heat-healthy kind (Omega 3s great for brain health and weight loss)
- Fat-Free/Low Fat Cottage Cheese & Yogurt: Portable option, calcium, vitamin D, Low fat/High protein, Go for organic/All natural- Watch out for sugars and artificial additives
- Gluten-Free Carb (anything)– Bread, crackers, pasta, etc. I would recommend this as a healthier alternative to white flour anything…Keeps you fuller longer, anti-inflammatory, improvement for people with gastrointestinal problems, athletes or those with arthritis
- Sweet Potatoes- Loaded with vitamins, antioxidant, can improve your mood, improve blood sugar regulation- Perfect post-wokout recovery food!
- Oatmeal– Fat burner, Perfect pre/post workout food for energy and recovery, keeps you full, my top choice with berries/ yogurt for breakfast!
- Avocado– Lowers cholesterol, controls blood pressure, prevents birth defects, fights free radicals
- Almond/Cashew/Peanut Butter- Great for the heart, controls blood sugar, rich in antioxidants
- Olive Oil– Rich in Vitamin E, great for skin, reduces levels of obesity, helps lower blood cholesterol
- Coconut Oil– Keeps weight balanced, great for skin, antioxidant and anti-aging properties
- Nuts/Seeds– Protects against cardiovascular disease, helps improve PMS symptoms, protects eye site, helps support healthy hair, skin and nails
- Berries– Helps body fight oxidative stress, antioxidant, prevents/manages arthritis, radiant skin
- Green Apples– Relieves constipation, contains protein, high in fiber, cleanses the liver, detox
- Bananas– Vitamins boost mood, reduce swelling/inflammation, protect against muscle cramps
- Grapefruit– Helps burn fat, vitamin C powerhouse, among highest in antioxidant activity
- Spinach/Kale- Add in ANYWHERE for boost! Shakes, salads, baked, soups, casseroles, etc. Loaded with fiber, vitamins, protein, great for healthy hair, skin and nails
- Eggplant– Brain food, loaded with antioxidant compounds, great snack grilled or baked
- Cucumber– Hydrates body, feel-good vitamin B, skin and hair care, fights cancer, relieves bad breath, hangover cure, aids weight loss and digestion
- Celery– Reduces inflammation, helps you calm down, boosts arousal levels, lowers blood pressure, regulates the body’s alkaline balance, contains “good” organic sodium
* Contact Info@TheBalancedBeauty.com if you are interested in Private Health Coaching. Together, we will review YOUR daily food intake and determine what changes are necessary for you to lose weight, detox, and feel your best! Programs are personalized to meet your unique needs and goals. *