While I can appreciate and enjoy drooling over Martha Stewart’s perfect Thanksgiving Pies, I’m all about keeping it easy and healthy this season… If you’re like me, I hope you enjoy my “Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pie” Recipe, that’s made with all-natural, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients. This pie is a healthy, light option that tastes just like the original to keep you totally satisfied this season!
I know many of you love Trader Joe’s, so all of the below ingredients have been sourced from there…If you dont have a TJ’s near you, these ingredients can be found at any Whole Foods or All-Natural Food store.
- 1 can Trader Joe’s Organic Pumpkin
- 1 cup Coconut creamer
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of Coconut Sugar (Balanced Beauty Fact: This has a lower glycemic index to regular table sugar, making it a healthier sugar alternative).
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend (2 Tsp if your’re feeling sassy)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Gluten-Free Pie Shells (yes, yes…I did say pre-made pie shells, hence the “easy-peasy” part of this recipe)
Directions (5 easy steps):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make sure Gluten-Free pie crusts de-frost for 10 min. Once de-frosted, wet lightly and punch holes with a fork lightly into bottom and sides (this helps crust breath to prevent cracking).
- Heat up Gluten-Free Pie crusts for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown
- While crusts are baking, Mix together all ingredients!
- When crusts are ready, pour the pumpkin mix evenly into the crusts and bake for about 50-60 minutes (To prevent overcooking, you should start checking the pie at 45 minutes)*
- The mixture will likely be very liquid-y when pouring into shells, that’s NORMAL! Don’t add anything to thicken or think you messed up…You’re totally good.
- The filling will seem more pudding-like at 45 minutes onwards– I baked mine for about 60 min but yours may even need 15 minuets longer, depending on the oven. Just know the filling will SET FIRMLY once it cools– Just let it sit out for at least 30 min.
- Serves 8…(or maybe 1 over a period of a few days because lets face it- it’s a healthy dessert -which means it’s practically salad).
Eat after it cools or put in the refrigerator to allow for further setting – You can also top with low-fat ice cream/marshmallows/cool-whip, etc. for a touch of extra sweetness!
THANK YOU for following The Balanced Beauty … and for reading this Blog!
I am always very grateful and thankful to serve The Balanced Beauty community, but feel this way especially on THANKSGIVING!!!
I leave you with a few of my favorite QUOTES to get into the spirit of this wonderful Holiday:
With the HOLIDAYS upon us and New Years Resolutions fast-approaching…
You can also GIFT the GIFT OF HEALTH this season!
Gift Certificates are customizable with name of recipient and purchaser to be E-Mailed or Printed. Inquire for options and pricing: Info@TheBalancedBeauty.com