Salty, crunchy craving?…Roasted chickpeas are my go-to, healthy substitute for potato chips. This recipe is also one of my favorite ways to boost and support your metabolism!
The ingredients are all spices that have a metabolism boosting effect, especially when combined. I also like to use TURMERIC, which is not always an easy spice to add to your meals! ..It is loaded with health benefits, especially for those working out and trying to get in-shape!
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory. It helps to heal the body, naturally. Ditch the over-the-counter medicines, Ibuprofens, Advils, Tylenols…and use ingredients from the earth for wonderful medicinal and healing effects. In addition, turmeric is a great new flavor in your diet to keep things interesting!
- 2 cans organic, drained, chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Curry powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees – The hotter, the better to crisp up the chickpeas
- In a large bowl, add olive oil to lightly coat all chickpeas
- First, sprinkle with salt and pepper as base
- Next, add Curry powder, as this should be largest amount of spice to coat for flavor
- Next, sprinkle in remaining spices, starting with Turmeric- a little of each will go a long way. Don’t overdo any of the remaining spices.
- Spread chickpeas onto baking sheet (I like to use tin foil for easy clean-up later)
- Heat on high for about 20-30 minutes, or until outside is golden/crispy (Note: Make sure to not overheat/burn, as they will firm up when you let them sit. Cook for too long and they will become a little too crunchy)!
- Cool and eat alone as snack or sprinkle on top of foods and salads as crispy topping/ gluten-free crouton substitute… I also like sprinkling in soup to give extra texture and heartiness.
All Balanced Beauty recipes are designed to be inexpensive, easy to make, healthy and delicious. For other inspo, check out Balanced Beauty on Pinterest for my approved meals/snacks board. Easily pin and share recipes you would like to make!
As always, please send photos or let me know how your recipes go- Would love to see your delicious creations!
Xo Coach Aly , @1BalancedBeauty
PS- Happy New Moon!…New moons are often beginnings or ends of cycles. Know that before you begin something new, you must complete or release the old. Try to refocus today to make the most of this energetic shift and start to a new season… Of all moons, this is known to be the most romantic. Embrace new SUMMER LOVE – Change is in the air!