Today’s Summer Slim-Down inspiration comes from fellow Health Coach, PhD (Molecular Toxicology & Nutritional Biochemistry) and new wifey, Balanced Beauty, Dr. Rhea!
This “Grab & G’oatmeal” recipe is loaded with SUPER-FOOD ingredients to give your morning a SUPER-START! Easy to prep and to later: GRAB & GO!!!
* Best made in the evening as Breakfast Prep. Often called “overnight oats.”
Grab & G’oatmeal
Yields 1 Serving
- ¾ cup water or unsweetened nut or seed milk
- ¼ cup oat or buckwheat groats, pre-rinsed with water
- 2 tbsp goji berries or mulberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs or raw cacao
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener (maple syrup, raw honey, xylitol) or pinch stevia
Optional: ¼ tsp ginger and cinnamon powders, 1 tbsp nut or seed butter, 1 or more tbsp protein powder
- Rinse and drain buckwheat or oat groats, and add to a wide mouthed mason jar, along with the remaining ingredients. Cap and shake well.
- Place jar in fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove jar from fridge, stir well and serve. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired.
For more from Dr. Rhea, follow her on Instagram at: @drrheamehta
Keep following the Blog and @1BalancedBeauty for healthy, delicious SUMMER SLIM-DOWN RECIPES throughout the season!
* The Summer Slim-Down Series was designed by The Balanced Beauty to give you alternative recipes to the foods you love and crave! Swapping ingredients, sticking to portion sizes and preparing meal/snack options in advance will help you slim down for the warm-weather months… You will be bikini-ready, without feeling deprived!