This Balanced Beauty (Gluten-Free) Banana Bread is so light, fluffy, moist and really hits that sweet spot!
It’s also extremely versatile, as it makes for a great replacement for morning pancakes, donuts or pastries, can be a healthy snack throughout the day, and/or can be made into a healthy dessert.
The STAR ingredient, BANANA, is also a TOP Balanced Beauty SUPER FRUIT!
- Top fruit pick for recovering after a workout because they contain potassium and all natural sugar for muscle recovery.
- They are also great for when you need an all-natural MOOD BOOSTER, as they are loaded with B-Vitamins (which are especially helpful for women around a certain time of the month to ward of PMS symptoms).
- Eating and baking with bananas are a great way to hit that sweet spot, without going for alternative sugars. In this recipe, you can sweeten without sugar and let the all-natural banana sweetness satisfy that craving.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do- Enjoy & Happy Baking!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup butter (or ghee) softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (If wanting to keep this healthy, use a sugar substitute or omit and use an extra banana)
- Optional: Add-ins– Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Chunks, Raisins (Plain bread is amazing so don’t feel you need to add anything)
- Note: Plain banana bread tastes great with a small drizzle of maple syrup.
- Preheat oven 350
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a bowl, mash banana until smooth (some chunks are OK)
- Once mashed, add in other “wet” ingredients; butter, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla
- Once mixed well, add in dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, powder, salt and blend
- Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle the top with cinnamon
- Bake for approx 55 min (use a toothpick to check and make sure it comes out clean)