I LOVE THE FALL…
The colors, the crisp air, but mostly the spices and aromas of Fall Foods!
I was cleaning out my pantry and decided it would be fun to craft a recipe using the, “Fall flavors theme” … The result was a light, sweet & spicy loaf “cake,” using all-natural Balanced Beauty approved ingredients.
(…If you like to bake, you likely have all of these ingredients in your cabinets already, which makes it super easy to whip-up)!
This is the perfect treat to get the warm, cozy tastes of the season, while not indulging with the heavy carbs, fats and butters used in most seasonal cake recipes.
This healthy treat is a great after-school-snack for the kids, snack for that sweet craving at 3pm or even as a breakfast alternative to those morning pancakes, muffins or doughnuts…Peanut/ almond butter and all-natural jams also pair nicely …Great on-the-go plain or made into a healthy dessert option for a seasonal party- The options are limitless people!
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups Gluten-Free all purpose flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (any other fall spices, as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave sweetener
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce
- optional, for dessert: semi-sweet chocolate chips / powdered sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Keeping it real: In true Balanced Beauty-style…I threw all these ingredients in a bowl and WALAA– Cake batter.
- Grease a loaf, bundt or cake pan (using PAM non-stick spray) and pour… Sprinkle in optional chocolate chips (aka “optional” because lets be real, chocolate makes everything taste better- and since you saved on carbs going gluten-free I think its totally worth it and approved– work it off later– BALANCE).
- Bake in oven until golden brown and knife comes out clean ( approximately 25-30 minutes)
- Let cool and use a light dusting of powdered sugar if serving as a dessert… A light drizzle of maple syrup and garnish of crisp green or red apples also pair nicely with this fall-themed treat.
As we come into the season of harvest, may we remember to give THANKS for our food and bake with extra love in our hearts…It always makes everything taste even better!
Wishing you a FESTIVE FALL!!!