Victor Cruz Simple Salsa:
What’s a party without chips and salsa?!? Make this healthy, simple, all-natural kind and leave the additives, artificial ingredients and sodium in the jar! Yields about 4 cups.
And YES, I am a GIANTS FAN, so this ONE recipe goes out “in honor of!!!!!”
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
* For extra-hot salsa, leave the seeds in the jalapeno peppers!
** Add in 4 scallions (green & white parts) thinly sliced, 2 cans of black-eyed peas or black beans, and/or corn (organic) for additional flavor!
Serve with Corn chips, which are Gluten-Free OR check your local supermarket for items like: Lentil Crackers, Rice Crackers, or Falafel Chips… Less sodium, less calories and all Gluten-free!.. Great alternatives to the typical chips often loaded with sodium, fat, chemicals and additives.
Peyton has a lot at…”Steak” Fries
These SPICY Sweet Potato Steak Fries are a great side with steak or chicken or just to munch on as a healthy alternative to potato chips! High in feel-good vitamins and low on the glycemic index compared to regular white potatoes- Will not cause a spike in your blood sugar levels, good choice for diabetics, and Gluten-free. The prep takes less than 5 minutes! Yields 4 servings
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
|Alternative cooking method: Grill or Use Grill Pan|
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges, about 3/4 inch thick at the skins
- 3. Mix olive oil and spices in a large zip-lock bag with halves (shake and massage to coat all over)
- Place on (sprayed) cookie/baking sheet/ make sure coated well with olive oil and sprinkle of spices
- Place in oven and bake approx. 20-30 minutes
“Beast Mode” Jerk Chicken
|Add in VEGGIES of choice!|
- 10 scallions, roots trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 3-10 scotch bonnet chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup dark, all natural, brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of dark rum (optional)
- 3 avocados peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 (roma) plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- Cook your hard boiled eggs and chill in the refrigerator while you make your guacamole
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice and sea salt.
- Mix in the onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic
- Stir in cayenne pepper
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or serve into hard boiled eggs immediately
- When ready to serve, cut hard boiled eggs into halves, remove the yolk, and dish in the guacamole!
|NY/NJ “Host Committee” – That’s RIGHT!!!!!|
BE SAFE & ENJOY THE COMMERCIALS AND HALF TIME SHOW BALANCED BEAUTIES!!!…OH, AND THE GAME TOO!!!
Don’t forget to also tune into “THE PUPPY BOWL,” on Animal Planet at 3:00 pm!!!!…It’s the CUTEST!