Happy Snow Day!
When inside on a cold winter day, I always find comfort in baking! This recipe is fantastic because most ingredients are likely in your pantry, the recipe is just 5 simple steps, and once in the oven these cookies only take about 8-10 minutes to bake.
Ingredients are also all-natural, from the earth and gluten-free. While it is still a sweet treat, it is a healthier option than other classic cookie recipes, which all use white-starchy carbs… (For all you Mamas out there- The kiddos will never know the difference and Santa will also likely appreciate the lighter option).
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned uncooked)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup raisins (optional- for extra sweetness)*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat butter, eggs, and vanilla
- In another large bowl, combine flour, sugars, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and mix well
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and add in chocolate (and raisins if desired)
- Roll balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown — Cool for 1 minute and enjoy!