This is not your Grandmother’s Muffin!
Your standard Blueberry Muffin is loaded with fat, sugar and carbs…This healthy Balanced Beauty approved reboot is grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly!
Coconut Flour- an excellent non-grain alternative to those who are gluten-free or on a paleo diet. I like the brand Nutiva because flour is ground from high quality dried coconut meat, and is high in fiber (32% of your daily value per serving). The mild coconut flavor works beautifully in these muffins, and will pair nicely with many fruits options, other than blueberries!
*You can substitute coconut flour for any wheat flour recipe. Just increase liquid in recipe up to 1/3, due to its high fiber content.
Chia– packed with omega-3s, protein, antioxidants, and fiber! Chia seeds are known as “runners food” because they expand in your stomach, help keep you full for longer and to avoid energy dips. I add chia seeds to muffins/baked goods, yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies.
Blueberries– high in antioxidants and the ultimate beauty fruit! Blueberries are also very low on the glycemic index, making it an optimal choice for a low-sugar/no sugar diet. They add the perfect touch of all-natural sweetness for this muffin. I use frozen organic blueberries to ensure sweetest/freshest flavor.
Coconut Oil– can be used for COUNTLESS remedies, cures and health benefits…Some examples: helps burn fat in the body, helps you feel fuller for longer, decreases BMI/waist circumference, helps reduce risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Honey– aka Liquid Gold! All natural way to boost energy and memory. A great all-natural sugar substitute, which gives muffins light, sweet taste.
I call these “Coconut Blueberry Chia BEAUTY Muffins” because all ingredients are 100% Balanced Beauty approved, helping you enhance your beauty and glow from the inside out!
Yields 12 Muffins
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, fully melted
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift the coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl
- In a separate bowl or blender, whisk honey, coconut milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla
- Gently stir wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix in chia seeds
- Fold in blueberries and pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins
- Bake 25 minutes or until top become lightly golden brown or cooked through
- Immediately remove from tins and cool on rack
- Great for breakfast, a snack, food on-the-go or to satisfy the sweet tooth, without the guilt!
- Pair with Greek yogurt for a post workout recovery snack from heaven
- Great healthy alternative for the kiddos (toss muffins loaded with white starches, processed ingredients, fat, and sugar… This version tastes just as good and is MUCH better for them)!
- Make this muffin into a dessert cupcake by adding a vanilla frosting or cool-whip on top…or eat with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…It’s delish!
As always- Sending LOVE- Thanks for following!
@1BalancedBeauty on Instagram and Twitter for more healthy inspiration, recipes and fit tips!
+ @Aly_Mang for latest acting projects!