I LOVE PIZZA!
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (yield 2 to 3 cups once processed)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (fat free, part skim, or rice cheese if dairy free)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce (if using a jar sauce, select one all-natural/organic. I like to use Rao’s or Victoria).
- Your choice of toppings (sautéed spinach, papers, mushrooms, chicken, lean meat, kale, etc.)
- Place a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven/ Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking oil.
- Wash and throughly dry a medium head of cauliflower
- Cut off the florets and pulse in a food processor for about 30 seconds, until you get powdery snow like cauliflower (see photo). You should end up with 2 to 3 cups cauliflower “snow.”
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover- Microwave for 4 minutes
- Put cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea/dish towel and allow to cool
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in dish towel and wring out all water (squeeze as much as possible to ensure you get a crunchy pizza instead of a crumbly mess- the drier the better).
- Place cauliflower into a bowl and add parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sea salt, crushed basil crushed oregano, garlic, egg and a dash of red pepper (optional). Use your hands to blend and mix all ingredients together.
- Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don’t make it too thick or thin.
- Using a cutting board slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 8 – 11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Now for the fun!!!…Add your sauce, cheese and toppings of choice!!! The more veggies you add, the more nutritional value you are adding to your pizza. Adding in a lean meat, chicken for protein is a great way to stay full, longer.
- Slide parchment with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown.
- I know you will want to dive right in but allow it to cool for just a few minutes!… Use a pizza cutter and a spatula to serve your delicious grain/wheat/gluten-free cauliflower crust pizza!!!
Mangia & Enjoy!