An easy, quick treat without the fat, oil or sugar of typical cookies!
Bake the night before for breakfast on the go, as an all-natural energy or recovery snack pre/post workout, or for kids lunches or after school treats!
Fantastic for busy Moms, as they take just 5 minutes to prep!
- 2 Packets Instant Oatmeal (gluten free)
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Honey, Agave or Truvia packet (option for extra sweetness)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add water and make 1 packet of instant oatmeal, as directed
- While oatmeal is cooking, ‘mush’ banana
- Once oatmeal is cooked, stir in banana, raisins, cinnamon, egg, and touch of any extra sweetener (as desired)
- Add 1 uncooked packet of oatmeal to the mixture (this helps create a crunchy cookie texture)
- Place tablespoon size doughy balls (“globs“) of oatmeal onto cookie sheet (I typically line a cookie shoot with tin foil and spray with Olive Oil Pam to avoid sticking)
- Bake approximately 10 minutes or until they become golden brown
- Include protein powder, if desired, for pre/post workout snack
- If you want to eat as guilt-free dessert, pair with your favorite yogurt (Chobani apple cinnamon, pear, or banana flavors pair best) or include a dab of cool whip or real whipped cream
- Mix up the recipe by adding your own favorite touches- A touch of all-natural peanut or almond butter, coconut, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even dark chocolate...Have fun and ENJOY!