It’s that time of year- The one for colds, sinus infections and overall congestion.
Today, I am giving you one of my favorite all-natural, Balanced Beauty home remedies to prevent ailments from getting worse or even heal your current condition. This is a great solution before you need to take that medication or during, to help alleviate your symptoms naturally.
Chest congestion is the accumulation of fluid and mucus in the lungs. People with congestion may experience coughing, wheezing and difficulty breathing. According to FamilyDoctor.org, chest congestion and cough are common cold and flu symptoms. Infections, such as bronchitis and sinusitis, can also cause chest congestion. Those with persistent chest congestion should consult a physician to rule out a serious illness or infection.
The below 3 steps is a chest clearing steam that is designed to help with sore throats, cough, chest, nose and throat congestion. This blend will give you relief in 10 minutes.
A bonus of this remedy will be glowing skin; from the steam opening your pores and the bacteria-fighting ingredients cleansing your skin… You will feel better and look better in the process!
Why put toxic chemicals in your body when you can heal yourself from the earth?
Balanced Beauty Congestion & Cold Remedy
What You Will Need:
- Boiling Water
- Organic Eucalyptus Oil*
- Organic Peppermint Oil*
- Organic Rosemary Oil*
- Organic Tea Tree Oil*
- Ceramic Bowl
- Medium Sized Towel
- Boil water in a pot or kettle. Gather your ingredients while the water is heating.
- Add 5 drops of eucalyptus oil, 3 drops of peppermint, 2 drops of rosemary essential oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil to the large ceramic bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the oils in the bowl. Gently swirl the bowl to blend the oils.Cover your head with a large bath towel, lean over the bowl and breathe deeply. Stay over the bowl for at least ten minutes.
*Oils can be found in any all-natural health or food store
- Eucalyptus Oil: anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, antiseptic, antibacterial,
- Peppermint Oil: cooling sensation, has a calming effect on the body, antimicrobial properties, soothes digestive issues.
- Rosemary Oil: reduces inflammation, balances androgen and estrogen in the body, reduces cortisol (stress levels)
- Tea Tree Oil: healing, kills many strains of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Essential oil therapy can be a great part of your healthy lifestyle. Different oils have different properties and combining together will create a soothing, calming medicinal effect.
Email: AMang@TheBalancedBeauty.com and I would be happy to help with any specific questions!
Wishing you HEALH & HAPPINESS the rest of the winter season, Coach Aly