Pumpkin seeds are one of my FAVORITE healthy, seasonal snacks! They are full of heart-healthy magnesium, zinc for immune support, contain plant-based omega 3 fats, and stabilize blood sugar levels (needed for fat/weight loss). Pumpkin seeds are also a great snack if hungry before bedtime, as they contain Tryptophan, which is a perfect ingredient for relaxation and restful sleep!!!
I love them most because they are a healthy alternative to chips and are a great snack to take on-the-go. Also perfect for kids, as they are mess-free. Not to mention, 1 pumpkin yields a HUGE batch…A cost-effective snack that will last throughout an entire week.
Last but not least, SUPER SIMPLE to make. Here is a recipe you must try this Fall:
- 🎃 Scoop seeds out of pumpkin
- Rinse with water to clean
- Drain/Dry off with paper towel
- Place seeds on cookie/baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive or coconut oil
- Season with sea salt and spices
- Heat in oven at 350 for approx 20-30 min or until slightly golden brown.
Tip: Use different spices for different flavored seeds. Go sweet or spicy!
I personally like olive oil, sea salt, mixed herbs and rosemary OR cinnamon and a sprinkle of brown sugar for a treat!
xo Coach Aly